Orthotics are inserts put into the shoe to re-align the foot, take pressure off certain areas of the foot or to increase comfort. Many people can benefit from orthotics, particularly those;
- whose toes hurt
- whose shoes wear out unevenly
- for whom walking feels difficult – who have pain in their shins
- who regularly sprain or twist their ankles.
There are different types of orthotics, all of which I can provide;
- insoles – soft, are made of foam or rubber and can take pressure off painful areas of your feet
- ‘off the shelf’ orthotics – cheaper than custom made and may be useful for short-term needs
- intermediate orthotics – mass made orthotics but which can be modified by the chiropodist to suit your needs
- prescription/custom orthotics – made by taking a mould or cast of your feet and then made onsite.
This means you can take them away immediately without waiting weeks for laboratory turnaround. They are more flexible than other makes and have a range of styles to enable easier and more comfortable fitting in a variety of different footwear. I use a custom footbed designed to equalise the pressure under the foot to provide the right kind of support and comfort for your favourite activity.
Orthotics and insoles Orthotics and insoles Orthotics and insoles
I supply orthotics by SIDAS and Superfeet
For an appointment, please ring 01672 564642 (Surgery), 01672 564685 (Home Visits) or 07970 482882